Did you pick the wrong language when you downloaded the Windows 10 tech preview? If so, here’s how you can easily change the language to one of your choosing.
Step 1: Download Language Packs
Before you proceed with installing your new language, you will first have to download the corresponding language pack from Microsoft. Make sure you pick the correct one, there are 64-bit and 32-bit language files.
If you don’t know which Windows version you have, read this guide before you download.
Step 2: Installing Language Packs
1. In order to change the language we are going to use a tool called lkpsetup. Simply open Run using the key combo: Windows key + R and enter lkpsetup as seen below:
2. You will be given to option to either install or uninstall a language. We are proceeding with the installation:
3. Before we can continue make sure you know where you’ve downloaded the language packs to, e.g. C:\Users\user\Downloads
Click the browse button and locate the folder. Windows 10 will automatically list all cab files in the folder. Make sure you have sufficient disk space before proceeding. Language packs are quite large.
4. Review the terms:
5. Windows 10 will now install the language, grab a cup of tea or coffee this will take some time
Step 3: Making Language Your Primary Language
The language pack has been installed, now you need to make it the primary language before you reboot the PC
6. Click the button in your tray with the label ENG or your language code and click the option Language Preference:
7. If you don’t see the language listed that you want to use, you have to first click the “Add Language” button to add it to the list of enabled languages:
8. Select your new language and click the Options button:
9. All that is left to do is click the blue link to make it your primary language and then you can reboot:
Download Language Packs
Below are direct links to all cab files that you need in order to change to the display language in Windows 10 – a reboot is required after the installation